Jaya Pradha is an Indian politician and film actress. Apart from starring in many Bollywood and South Indian films, he is also a renowned politician. He was elected to the Lok Sabha on a Samajwadi Party ticket in 2004 and was a Member of Parliament until 2014.
Wiki / Biography
Lalita Rani Ravana Or Jaya Pradhan was born on 3 April 1962 (Age: 57 years as of 2019) In Rajahmundry, Andhra Pradesh, India. His father, Krishna Rao, was a Telugu film financier. She attended a Telugu medium school in her hometown of Rajahmundry and joined dance and music classes. When Jaya was 13, she danced at her school’s annual festival. Among the audience was a film director who offered a dance role for three minutes in the Telugu film “Bhoomi Kosam” and he accepted it. She was paid 10 10 for starring in the film.
Jaya was born to Prada Krishna Rao (Telugu film financier) and Neelaveni (home producer). She has a brother, Raja, who also worked as a manager.
She married filmmaker Srikanth Nahata in 1986. At that time, Srikanth Nahada was already married and had three children.
She has three images; One of them is Sidhu.
சர்கம் (1979) His first Hindi film. Through this he made his debut in Tamil Sweet Memories (1979). Still the Story Continues (1985) is his first Malayalam film. Apart from that, Jaya Pratap has also acted in Marathi and Bengali films. Jaya Prada was one of the best dancers of his time. Nominated three times at the Filmfare Awards for Best Actress for a Motion Picture; Sarkam (1979), Sharabi (1984), and Sanchok (1985).
He was at the peak of his career in the 1980s. In 1985, she became the most expensive actress in Bollywood. Throughout his life, he has worked in more than 150 films.
In 1994, he became a politician after joining Telugu Desam Party (DTP) In 1994 at the invitation of its founder ND Ramara. In 1996, he was nominated to the Rajya Sabha to represent Andhra Pradesh. Jaya Pradhan also held the post of Telugu Mahila leader. Party leader N. Due to disagreements with Chandrababu Naidu, he left the DDP and joined the Samajwadi Party. In the 2004 general election, he contested in Rampur and defeated Begum Noor Bano alias Mehtab Zamani Begum of the Indian National Congress by a margin of 85,000 votes. In the 2009 general election, he was re-elected to the Lok Sabha from the same constituency. Jaya was expelled from the party on February 2, 2010, when he began to support former Samajwadi Party general secretary Amar Singh.
On 10 March 2014, he joined the Rashtriya Lok Dal with Amar Singh. Jaya contested the 2014 general election in Bijnor district, but he lost the election. On March 26, 2019, he joined the BJP in the presence of National General Secretary Bhupender Yadav. He contested against Assam Khan from Rampur in the 2019 Lok Sabha elections but lost.
Awards / Honors
Filmfare Award South
- Special awards for films; Story of Sri Siri Muvva & Andulani (1976)
- Best Actress Award for Telugu film Sagara Sangamam (1983)
- Lifetime Achievement Award (2007)
- Award for Best Actress for the film Anduleni Story (1976).
- His marriage to Srikanth Nahata is controversial. Srikanth is already married and already has 3 children. Srikanth did not divorce his first wife.
- In 2009, Jaya was issued a notice by the Election Commission to distribute bindi to women in the Swar area of Rampur.
- On May 11, 2009, he accused Samajwadi Party leader Assam Khan of distributing nude pictures of himself.
- Movies (s): 3 Idiots (Bollywood), Pulp Fiction (Hollywood)
- TV shows): Gown Paneka Goropathy (Indian), West World (American)
Assets / Net Value
According to the affidavit he filed during the 2019 Lok Sabha elections, his estimated net worth was Rs. 27.92 crore (approximately)
- Jaya was expelled from Rajahmundry Rajalakshmi Women’s College in Andhra Pradesh in her first year of BA.com.
- Initially, she had difficulty speaking Hindi and she started taking Hindi lessons to better understand the language.
- Director K. Viswanath made a comeback in Hindi films in 1982.Comsore, ”Where she spoke Hindi fluently for the first time.
- In 1994, an actor and his good friend N .T. Rama Rao suggested entering politics and for this reason, he joined the Telugu Desam Party (TDP).
- In 2011, after splitting from the Samajwadi Party, Jaya formed his own party, Rashtriya Lok Manjhi, along with Amara Singh, fielding 360 candidates in 403 assembly seats in the 2012 assembly elections. However, his party did not win a single seat in that election.
- He is the owner of Jaya Prada Theater in Chennai.
- Famous Indian filmmaker Satyajit Ray called him “the most beautiful face on the Indian screen”.