Shreya Ghoshal is a popular Indian playback singer who is known for her shortbuster songs. He has given his voice in various languages and has worked with every great music director in India.
Wiki / Biography
Shreya Ghoshal was born on 12 March 1984 (Age 36 years; as in 2020) In Berhampur, Murshidabad district of West Bengal.
He grew up in Rawatpatta, Rajasthan, India.
Her zodiac sign is Pisces. Shreya studied up to 8th standard at the Atomic Energy Center School in Rawatpatta and went to the Atomic Energy School in Anusakti City when her family relocated to Mumbai. He then joined the Atomic Energy Junior College to study science but later dropped out and joined the SIES College of Arts, Science and Commerce in Mumbai, where he studied mainly English. Shreya Ghoshal started learning music at the age of four.
Her mother came with her to Tanpura and they rehearsed with Bengali songs.
At the age of six, he began formal training in classical music from the late Kalyanji Boy for 18 months and continued to learn from the late Mukta Pide in Mumbai.
Weight: 55 kg
Image measurements: 34-28-34
Eye color: Black
Hair color: Black
Family, Caste & Husband
Shreya Ghoshal’s father Bishwajit Ghoshal is an electrical engineer and works at the Indian Atomic Energy Institute, and his mother Sharmista Ghoshal is a postgraduate in literature.
He has a brother, Soumyadeep Koshal.
He married his childhood friend Shiladitya Mukhopadhyay in 2015 as an entrepreneur.
Her first recorded song was ‘Kanraj Rangi Nachado’, a cover version of a Marathi song originally sung by Lata Mangeshkar. His first studio album was “Pentecostal Peena”, which was released in 1998. She made her Bollywood debut in 2002 with the film “Devadas”. He sang 5 songs in the movie “Silsila Yeh Sahat Ka”, “Byri”. Pia “,” Salak Salak “,” More Pia “and” Dola Re Dola “were huge hits.
He made his Tamil debut with the song “Yen Sellam” from the movie “Album (2002)”.
He released his first independent solo song “Datken Azad Hain” in 2017.
Awards and honors
- Elected Member of the House of Commons of the United Kingdom
- Governor of the State of Ohio, USA declared June 26, 2010 “Shreya Ghoshal Day”.
- The Mayor of Cincinnati declared July 24, 2015 “Shreya Ghoshal Entertainment and Inspiration Day”.
National Film Awards
- “Pyre Pia” for the 2002 Devdas film
- “Theer Jalna” for the 2005 film Paheli
- “Yeh Ishq Hai” for Jab We Met in 2007
- “Ferrari Mon” for the 2008 Bengali film Andaheen
- “Jeev Rangala” for the 2008 Marathi film Jaguar
- Best Playback Singer for the song “Dola Re Dola” from the 2003 film Devdas
- In 2003, Devdas won the R.D. for New Musical Talent for the film “Pyre Pia”. Burman Award
- Best Playback Singer for the song “Jaadu Hai Nasha Hai” from the 2004 film Jism
- Best Female Playback Singer for “Barzo Re” from the 2008 film Guru
- Best Playback Singer for the 2009 song “Teri Ore” from the movie Singh Is King
- Best Playback Singer for “Deewani Mastani” from the 2016 film Bajirao Mastani
- Best Playback Singer for the song “Kumar” from Padmavat movie in 2019
- songs: “Kehna Hi Kya” from Bombay (1995), “Aap Ki Nasron Ne Samja” from Anbat (1962), “Lo Ja Ja Kele” from Woh Gown The Movie? (1964)
- In 1995, he won the All India Light Voice Music Competition in New Delhi organized by Sangam Kala Group.
- His first stage show was at the club’s annual event.
- In 2000, he won the reality show “Zare Ka Ma Ba” which aired on Zee TV.
- He co-starred with KK (Krishnakumar Kunnath) in the song “Har Dharaf Har Jaga” from the movie “Chaya (2003)”.
- Shreya Sanjay caught the attention of Leela Bhansali while participating in the 75th special episode of Sare Ka Maa Baa. Sanjay’s mother was watching the show and invited him to see his performance, after which he decided to give him a chance in his next film. According to Bhansali, Koshal’s voice had the innocence required for a borough character in Devdas (2002).
- When asked about the experience of the song “Pyre Pia”, Shreya said,
I remember being told to rehearse the song once before finally recording it. I closed my eyes and sang without a break. When I opened my eyes, I noticed a lot of excitement and confusion outside the recording room. Then Sanjayji told me that I sang the song well and they recorded it at the same time.
- In 2011, he advertised for a jewelry company called Joelukas. The ad aired in five different languages, namely Hindi, Malayalam, Tamil, Telugu, and Kannada.
- He judged various reality TV shows such as “India’s Voice-Choud Ustad”, “Indian Idol Junior” and “Music Ka Maha Mukhabla”.
- She loves books, travel and cooking. She says she loves cooking because it has a healing effect on her.
- In 2017, she became the first Indian singer to have a wax figure at the Madame Tussauds Museum.
- She has a dog named Sherlock.