Lisa Ray is a Canadian-Indian actress, model, writer and social activist. He has worked in many Indian and international films.
Wiki / Biography
Lisa Ray was born on April 4, 1972 as ‘Lisa Queen Ray’ (Age 47 years; as in 2019) In Toronto, Canada. Her zodiac sign is Aries.
He spent some time in Kolkata during his childhood. He attended the Etopic College Institute in Toronto, Canada, the Richview College Institute in Toronto, Canada and the Silverthorn College Institute in Toronto, Canada. He came to India as a model but returned to Canada to study journalism. Unfortunately, her mother had an accident, making it difficult for her to pursue a career in journalism. He studied at the London Central School of Speech and Drama, the London Center for Theater Studies, the Desmond Jones School of Physical Theater and the British American Drama Academy (BADA). She holds a master’s degree in acting from the Academy of Live and Record Arts (ALRA).
Height (approximately): 5 ′ 6
Weight (approximately): 60 kg
Image measurements (approximately): 36-27-35
Eye color: Hazel Green
Hair color: Dark brown
Family, Caste & Husband
Lisa Rave’s father, L.K. Dutta is a Bengali and his mother Jennifer Dutta is a Polish.
She married Jason Dehni, a management consultant.
Born by a surrogate mother in June 2018 in Tbilisi, Georgia, he has two daughters, Sufi and Solail.
She began her career as a model in the 1990s. Bombay, one of India’s largest textile manufacturers, appeared in an advertisement for dyeing. He then appeared on the cover of Claude Rocks, which caused a stir. This led to further modeling projects like this.
He co-hosted the TV show “Show Biz” with Star / Model Kelly Dorjee on Star Movies. He later appeared in the music video for the late Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan’s song “Afreen Afreen”.
She made her Bollywood debut in 2001 with the film “Kasur”.
He appeared in the 2002 romantic comedy Indo-Canadian film “Bollywood / Hollywood”. In 2005, he starred in the Oscar-nominated “Water (2005)”. The film caused a lot of controversy in its content and could not even be filmed in India.
She has starred in Canadian films such as “All Hot (2007)” and “A Stones Throw (2006)”. She also appeared as a guest actress on the American television series “Psyche”. She made her Tamil debut as an actress in 1996 with the film “Netaji”.
Lisa made her Telugu film debut with “Thakkari Tonga (2002)” and “Yuvaraja (2004)” in Kannada.
- It was rumored that Lisa was once in a relationship with Sanjay Dutt. She was so tired of the rumor that she left India and fled to Canada.
- She was the highlight again when the movie “Dus (2005)” came out. A rumor spread that she had left the film because her boyfriend had hit her black and blue. She did not comment on the rumors. Years later, she talked about her experience, saying she was young and inexperienced at the time to speak anything for herself. She will never tolerate physical abuse.
- Voted as a future star at the 2002 Toronto International Film Festival
- Best Actress in a Canadian Film for the Water of the Vancouver Critics Circle
- Special Achievement Award at Miss India-Canada 2011
- Diamond Jubilee Medal in May 2013
- Anoki Prestige Award for Canadian Actor of the Year 2013 for “Water”
- Metscape Award 2015 for India’s Most Inspirational Fighter
- Food: Beacon Pie, Bumperry Pie, Pizza, California Roll, Gnaffe
- Drinks: Smoothies, juices
- Directors: Federico Fellini, Satyajit Ray
- Lisa’s ancestral home is in Shyambazar, West Bengal.
- She was very close to her maternal grandmother and polished with her.
- She was very good at education and she finished five years of high school in four years.
- According to a poll conducted by the Times of India, she has been named “the ninth most beautiful woman of the millennium”.
- Divya Dutta dubbed her voice in the film Kasur.
- When his mother died in 2008, he returned to Toronto.
- Lisa attended the Toronto International Film Festival, ‘Cooking with Stella (2009). It was at this event that she revealed that she had suffered from multiple myeloma (a type of cancer).
- He then started writing a blog called “Yellow Diaries”, where he shared his cancer experiences.
- On Christmas 2009, Lisa underwent stem cell transplant surgery to treat her rare cancer. He was diagnosed with cancer in 2010 due to transplant surgery, but was unable to completely cure the disease as many myelomas could not be cured.
- She has organized various campaigns to raise awareness about various social causes, mainly cancer and women’s empowerment.
- She is a health lawyer and loves to do yoga.
- She is a vegetarian and avoids dairy products.