Payal Ghosh is an Indian actress who has worked mainly in the South Indian film industry. He drew attention in 2020 when he accused popular Bollywood director Anurag Kashyap of sexual harassment.
Wiki / Biography
Payal Ghosh was born on Monday, November 13, 1989 (Age 31 years; Until 2020), She is from Kolkata, West Bengal. He completed his schooling at St. Paul’s Mission School, Kolkata, and then pursued his Bachelor of Arts degree. Political Science at the Scottish Church College, Kolkata. Later, she continued her diploma studies in fashion technology. In 2007, he moved from Kolkata to Mumbai to pursue an acting career. He continued his acting studies at the Kishore Namit Kapoor Acting Institute in Mumbai.
Height (approximately): 5 ′ 4
Hair color: Medium golden brown
Eye color: Black
Family & Caste / Race
Payal Ghosh is of Bengali descent.
Parents & Siblings
Relationships, Husband & Children
Not much is known about her relationships.
When she went with a friend to audition for the British Telefilm Sharps (2008), she took on the role of a village girl, the daughter of a revolutionary freedom fighter from Bengal.
While Kishore Namit Kapoor was pursuing his acting studies at the Acting Institute, he passed away with Chandrasekhar Yeleti, who was auditioning for the lead role of Harika in Payal’s Tollywood debut film Prayanam (2009).
His other Telugu films include Usaravelli (2011) and Mr. Rascal (2011).
In 2010, Payal Ghosh made his Kannada film debut with Varshadhare, in which he played the role of Maithili.
In 2014, Biol Ghosh made his Tamil film debut with the film Therodum Veediyile starring as Coral.
In 2017, Payal Ghosh appeared as Pooja in the Bollywood film Patel Ki Punjabi Shaadi in which he shared the screen with veterans like Rishi Kapoor and Paresh Rawal.
Awards / Honors
- Mumbai City Icon Award (2018) in the category of debut promising in the entertainment industry.
- Times Leading Icon Award (2019)
- Icon of the Year Award (2019)
- Eager Journalist Award for ‘Most Attractive Face of the Year’ (2020)
In September 2020, Payal Ghosh accused popular Bollywood director Anurag Kashyap of sexual harassment. In 2013, Payal went to Anurag’s house in Versova, Mumbai, where Anurag Kashyap suddenly took off her clothes while touring the house. In an interview with the Times of India, he said that Kashyap had told him that Bollywood actresses Huma Qureshi, Richa Chatta and Mahi Gill had frequent sex with him. The humiliated Payal politely declined the opportunity and left the house immediately, citing ill health. Anurag Kashyap has denied allegations of sexual harassment in a series of tweets. Boyle pursued the matter legally by providing documents to prove that he was filming in Sri Lanka within the time frame in which the alleged incident took place. In October 2020, Bollywood celebrity Richa Sada filed a defamation suit against Boyle Ghosh for unnecessarily dragging out Sada’s name in the allegations against Kashyap.
Facts / Trivial
- Payal was a frequent smoker. In February 2019, Payal quit smoking and began practicing yoga for his upcoming films. It was her yoga instructor who advised her to quit smoking.
- During his teenage years, Boyle was widely praised for his active participation in various extracurricular activities such as stage shows and plays. She came from a conservative family and was opposed to her father wanting to pursue an acting career. At the age of 17, she flew from Kolkata to Mumbai to pursue her childhood dream of becoming an actress. After moving to Mumbai, she lived for a while at her elder sister’s house and worked as a model in some commercials for Tata Indicom and DoCoMo.
- On October 26, 2020, Payal joined the Republican Party of India (Adawale) led by Union Minister Ramdas Adawale. She was elected vice-president of the party’s women’s wing. When welcoming Ms. Ghosh to the party, Atawale said,
I told her that RPI (A) was the party of Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar. It helps all sections of the society like Dalits, Adivasis, OBCs, villagers, slum dwellers. RPI gets a good face if you join the party. After I discussed it with her, she was ready to join the party.